3-year-old boy dead after accidental shooting
Wichita A 3-year-old Wichita boy has died after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a gun he found while his mom and her boyfriend were taking a nap.
The Wichita Eagle reports the shooting happened around 5 p.m. Tuesday and the boy died at a local hospital an hour later.
Police say three other children, ages 3, 4 and 5, also were in the house but were uninjured. No arrests were made but police questioned the boyfriend for hours after the shooting.
Police spokeswoman Lt. Dennis Wilson says investigators were trying to determine who owned the gun.
The other three children were taken into protective custody.
More like this story
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- State champion Bulldogs have three wrestlers named to LJW team
- Baldwin falls to Hugoton in state title game
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds