3-year-old boy dead after accidental shooting
Wichita A 3-year-old Wichita boy has died after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a gun he found while his mom and her boyfriend were taking a nap.
The Wichita Eagle reports the shooting happened around 5 p.m. Tuesday and the boy died at a local hospital an hour later.
Police say three other children, ages 3, 4 and 5, also were in the house but were uninjured. No arrests were made but police questioned the boyfriend for hours after the shooting.
Police spokeswoman Lt. Dennis Wilson says investigators were trying to determine who owned the gun.
The other three children were taken into protective custody.
More like this story
- Tuckfield earns rare gold for Baldwin wrestlers
- Saturday's Maple Leaf City Triathlon most popular in event's 4-year history
- Defending state champions Baldwin wrestlers focus on work as key to success
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title