Kansas Republicans back Davis in governor’s race
Topeka Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger and more than 100 other Republicans are endorsing the presumed Democratic nominee for governor.
Democratic challenger Paul Davis had a news conference Tuesday to announce the formation of Republicans for Kansas Values. The list of participating Republicans was led by Praeger, who has clashed with Gov. Sam Brownback on health care policy.
But the list of founding members also includes three former Kansas Senate presidents and three former state House speakers, as well as former Congresswoman Jan Meyers.
The Kansas Republican Party immediately responded with a tweet noting that Kansas has more than 700,000 Republicans.
More like this story
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Baldwin City Council names Smith interim city administrator
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Coming auction of rural Baldwin City property drawing interest
- Baldwin City Council gives first nod to voluntary annexation