Dole announces next stops on homecoming tour
Oskaloosa The next leg of former U.S. Sen. Bob Dole’s homecoming tour is scheduled to take him to nine communities in eastern Kansas.
The visits next week are the latest in a series of trips Dole is making this year from his home in Washington, D.C., year to greet old friends and supporters throughout Kansas. He spends about an hour at each stop.
On July 14, Dole is to hold public gatherings in Oskaloosa, Alma, Council Grove and Marion. He plans appearances the following day in Cottonwood Falls, Eureka, Yates Center, Burlington and Osage City.
Dole turns 91 on July 22.
More like this story
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Block grant proposal would cost Baldwin schools $100,000
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee