Light snow, freezing rain could make Friday moring commute dicey
Freezing drizzle and light snow is on tap for Friday morning's drive to school and work.
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a winter weather advisory for Douglas, Franklin, and other area counties from 4 a.m. until 2 p.m. Friday. Freezing drizzle is expected to move into east central Kansas between 4 and 10 a.m. and stay until early afternoon, the weather service said. A "dusting" of snow with a "light ice glaze" is possible.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas auctioning off hundreds of bottles of booze
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Baldwin City Council awards contract for U.S. 56/High Street realignment