Kansas man pleads not guilty in pregnant woman’s death
Wichita A south-central Kansas man pleaded not guilty to two counts of premeditated first-degree murder in the deaths of a pregnant woman and her fetus.
Twenty-one-year-old Bryant Seba of Pratt will go to trial Sept. 29. He’s charged with killing 22-year-old Alexandria Duran and her fetus, and with attempted premeditated first-degree murder in the shooting of 28-year-old Brandon Wright, who was paralyzed in the shooting.
The Wichita Eagle reports testimony at Seba’s preliminary hearing indicated there were several racially charged confrontations between Duran’s house and Seba’s house. In July, Duran and her uncle intervened in a fight that involved Seba, who is white, and Wright, who is black.
Authorities allege Seba went into his home, got a rifle and fired nine shots into a group of people.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Audit: Replacing school nurses with aides saves money
- Fundraising effort started for young Baldwin City woman facing two-day brain surgery
- Maple Leaf Festival grand marshal honored for work with festival, Lumberyard Arts Center