Kansas: Elementary school warns of students snorting Smarties
Wichita A Wichita elementary school say some fifth graders were caught crushing Smarties candies into powder and inhaling the sugar.
Officials at Enterprise Elementary School in south Wichita said last week that between 12 and 16 fifth-graders were crushing the candies, inhaling it into their mouths and exhaling through their noses.
Wichita district spokeswoman Susan Arensman says it was an isolated case involving one fifth-grade class. Parents of the students were called to attend a mandatory meeting at the school. She says the students will face disciplinary action.
The Wichita Eagle reports the school plans to invite counselors, police officers or others from outside agencies to talk to students about the dangers of inhalants.
More like this story
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Letter to the editor: Baldwin City Community Theatre disbanding
- Baldwin girls bounce back