Baker invites Baldwin City residents to join community choir
The Baker University Community Choir will begin rehearsals for the spring season from 6 to 7:50 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 30, at McKibbin Recital Hall in the Owens Musical Arts Building, 408 Eighth St., on the Baldwin City campus.
New members are welcome and no audition is required. A $20 participation fee is charged for all non-Baker students.
Cathy Crispino, interim director of choral activities, directs the choir, which was founded in 2010. The ensemble performs repertoire from the history of all choral traditions as well as selections from contemporary composers.
The choir will perform at two events this spring. The Masterworks Concert, featuring the combined choirs of Baker University and the Johnson County Community Chorus, will be April 4 at Rice Auditorium on the Baldwin City campus. The Midwest premiere of Mark Hayes’ “Requiem” with the chamber orchestra and a baritone soloist is the centerpiece of this performance. The season will conclude with Spring Sing on May 2 at Baldwin First United Methodist Church.
For more information, contact Crispino at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers