Kansas: Dems’ governor hopeful picks up school endorsements
Topeka Democratic gubernatorial candidate Paul Davis has received the endorsement of two major public school groups.
The Kansas National Education Association, the state's largest teachers' union, and Kansas Families for Education last week announced their backing of Davis in his race against Gov. Sam Brownback, a Republican.
Davis, the House minority leader from Lawrence, has been a strong supporter of public schools, the groups said.
"Throughout his career, his steadfast commitment to our schools stood out. Kansans can be sure that our local schools will remain Paul Davis’s priority as governor," said Karen Godfrey, president of the KNEA.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Kwik Shop expansion plan approved
- Baldwin City to start update of comprehensive plan next year
- LJWorld.com Douglas County commissioners consider consultant to review zoning, codes policies
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases
- Douglas County working to define regulations for large-scale wind farm operations