Winter storm watch issued for Baldwin City and area for late Saturday, Sunday
The National Weather Service in Topeka issued a winter storm watch beginning Saturday evening lasting through late Sunday night.
Sleet is expected in the area between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday, changing to snow and continuing into Sunday evening. Snow accumulations of 3 to 8 inches are predicted. The weather service said the most likely axis for heavy snow is from near Council Grove through Lawrence.
Wind chills will range from minus 8 to minus 18 degrees from Saturday night through Sunday and may fall below minus 20 on Sunday night, according to the weather service.
More like this story
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Face to Face: Austin Inzer
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baldwin Junction man remembers sporting life of following the bouncing ball
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms