Baker names interim track, cross country coach
Tim Byers will serve as interim head cross-country and track-and-field coach at Baker University, Baker director of athletics Theresa Yetmar announced Thursday.
Byers will serve in place of Zach Kindler, who died just over a week ago at the age of 35 of an apparent heart attack.
Kindler hired Byers in mid-July.
Byers has coached at many collegiate levels, including NAIA, NCAA Div. I, II and III. He has served as the head coach at Ottawa University and Simpson College (Iowa).
“Words cannot express the sorrow I have in my heart for Zach and his family after this tragic event,” Byers said. “I have known Zach for several years through the coaching profession. He was an honored colleague and coaching friend. I was very excited when he hired me to coach with him and be a part of the Baker University cross country and track and field family.”
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects
- Lawmakers advance abortion, election law tweaks on 100th day
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law