Kansas: Dust storm blamed for fatal car crash
The Kansas Highway Patrol says blowing dust caused an accident that killed a man in central Kansas.
Thirty-year-old Brandon H. Stein of Great Bend died Monday afternoon in an accident on U.S. 56 about seven miles west of Great Bend.
The patrol says Stein’s vehicle collided with the trailer of a semi-trailer truck that had stopped in the eastbound lanes of the highway because of visibility problems caused by the dust and other accidents.
The Great Bend Tribune reports responders reported zero visibility when they tried to reach the accident, prompting authorities to close the highway from Great Bend to Pawnee Rock.
More like this story
- Patrol identifies 2 men who died in Kansas plane crash
- Kansas Highway Patrol identifies Eudora woman, Missouri man as two injured in Thursday's K-10 accident, near DeSoto
- Patrol says armed suspect dies in confrontation
- Baldwin City man killed in U.S. 59 wreck
- 3 die in traffic accident in south-central Kansas