Kansas City man charged with murder in police-chase child death
Kansas City, Kan. A Kansas City, Kan., man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of an 8-year-old girl who was in a minivan the man crashed into while fleeing from police.
Wyandotte County District Attorney Jerome Gorman on Friday charged 27-year-old Tyrone Murphy Jr. in the death of Jasmine Rodriguez. She was killed Wednesday when Murphy’s car collided with a minivan her mother was driving.
Murphy also was charged with possession of cocaine, eluding a police officer and three counts of aggravated battery for injuries to Jasmine’s mom and two of Jasmine’s siblings, ages 9 and 6.
Murphy was being held on $1 million bond in the Wyandotte County jail. Gorman’s office says he did not have an attorney as of Friday afternoon.
More like this story
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- USD 348 at-large board candidate Kelley Bethell-Smith
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles