Baker football improves to 2-0
For the second straight game, the No. 15 ranked Baker University football team squeezed out a one-point victory, as the Wildcats defeated University of St. Mary, 41-40, Saturday road. t
Baker defeated No. 18 ranked Ottawa University last Saturday, 25-24, in the County Line Clash at Liston Stadium. With the latest win, the Wildcats improved to 2-0 on the season.
To get the win, Baker had to stop a two-point conversion on the final play of the game by USM.
With one second to go on the clock and Baker leading 41-34, USM starting quarterback Josh Ervin threw a 31-yard touchdown pass to Ronnie Cooper to bring the score to 41-40. Instead of kicking the extra point and sending the game to overtime, USM decided to go for two and was stopped by the Baker defense.
Baker will next play at 1 p.m. Saturday against Benedictine College in Atchison, Kan.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Baker Edition: 2015 Fall Sports Schedule
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape