Baldwin volleyball team downs Spring Hill
There was no letdown for the Baldwin High School volleyball team Tuesday as it squared off for a home match against Spring Hill.
The Bulldogs came into the contest fresh off their first-place finish Saturday at the Frontier League Tournament. Far from battling complacency, the team came out on fire, crushing the Broncos, 25-8, in the first match of the set.
“They played an awesome first set,” coach Jill Brown said. “I think they ready to get back on the floor.”
The Bulldogs finished off Spring Hill in the next two sets, 25-18 and 25-10. The only blemish on the night was a stretch of sloppy play in the second set that allowed the Spring Hill to comeback from an early deficit.
With the three-set victory, Baldwin hasn’t dropped a set in eight-straight contests.
The team will be back on its home floor Thursday against Tonganoxie. Two days later, the Bulldogs will host the 10-team Baldwin Invitation Tournament. Brown said participating teams include 4A power Topeka-Hayden and larger schools Gardner and Blue Valley Northwest.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Lawrence, Douglas County officials tap D.C. conference for low-level drug offense insights
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita