Historic Leavenworth Veteran’s Day Parade set for Monday
An event tabbed as the oldest Veterans Day observation in the nation and largest parade west of the Mississippi River will take place Monday in downtown Leavenworth.
The annual Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade will start at 10:30 a.m. in downtown Leavenworth.
Staging is to start at 9 a.m.
Grand Marshal for the 94th Leavenworth County Veterans Day Observance will be Lt. Gen. Ronnie D. Hawkins Jr. He is director of the Defense Information Systems Agency in Fort Meade, Md.
The parade will start at Fourth and Cherokee streets and wind through downtown, eventually ending near Hay Market Square.
More like this story
- Six Baldwin HIgh School players named to Frontier League post-season teams
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Baldwin girls win soccer program's first-ever win against Piper