Baldwin citywide cleanup June 8
Baldwin City Public Works has a destination for those treasurers that remain unsold after the June 1 citywide garage sale.
Once again this year, the city is planning a citywide cleanup a week after the garage sales.
Tina Rakes, city zoning and planning administrator, said Baldwin City residents were encouraged to bring waste from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday June 8 to the city yard at 1100 Orange Street. Residents can dispose of yard waste, tree limbs, plastics, batteries, general trash, appliances, glass and old furniture.
The disabled or elderly may call Tamara at 785-594-6907 to schedule assistance in removing trash or unwanted items.
A local automotive tire retailer will be on hand from 8 a.m. to noon to accepted used tires for a small fee, Rakes said.
The city will not accept paint, stains, fertilizers, insecticides or other hazardous waste, Rakes said. Those with hazardous materials they would like to get rid of should call the Douglas County hazardous waste program at 800-488-3030, she said.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Lawrence, Douglas County officials tap D.C. conference for low-level drug offense insights
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition