Drug investigation nets 81 arrests in northeast Kansas
JUNCTION CITY — The Kansas Bureau of investigation says 81 people were arrested on drug-related charges after a lengthy investigation by local and state authorities.
The KBI said in a news release Thursday that arrests were made Tuesday and Wednesday in and around Junction City, Manhattan, Grandview Plaza and Ogden. Many of the arrests involved conspiracy to distribute crack cocaine.
Investigators seized a variety of narcotics and 17 firearms. The KBI says several children were placed in protective custody after the arrests.
The 13-month investigation was conducted by the KBI, Geary County law enforcement, Junction City police and Grandview Plaza police. More than 180 members of law enforcement worked on the operation.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City