Drug investigation nets 81 arrests in northeast Kansas
JUNCTION CITY — The Kansas Bureau of investigation says 81 people were arrested on drug-related charges after a lengthy investigation by local and state authorities.
The KBI said in a news release Thursday that arrests were made Tuesday and Wednesday in and around Junction City, Manhattan, Grandview Plaza and Ogden. Many of the arrests involved conspiracy to distribute crack cocaine.
Investigators seized a variety of narcotics and 17 firearms. The KBI says several children were placed in protective custody after the arrests.
The 13-month investigation was conducted by the KBI, Geary County law enforcement, Junction City police and Grandview Plaza police. More than 180 members of law enforcement worked on the operation.
More like this story
- 2 injured in 3-vehicle accident Sunday evening on U.S. 56
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Police: 11 injured in Great Bend crash involving spider
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone