Lumberyard Arts Center student art show opening tonight
There will be a reception for the art show for Baldwin Junior and High school students from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Lumberyard Arts Center, 718 High St.
The exhibit, which is now showing, features the works of 50 students is a variety of media, Also on display will be a joint project of the high school’s 2D design and welding classes, working with found objects and nature. The works of Salena Bonnell and Clay Swanson, this year’s Johnson County Community College competition winners, are also part of the exhibit.
The Baldwin High School Art Club will present a Duct Tape and Found Object Fashion Show at 6:30 p.m. Students can design entrees for three categories: Wearables, accessories and costumes.
More like this story
- Countdown running for De Bash
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Pawz Patrol makes rounds of Baldwin schools to reward creative teachers