Blackmail charges dropped against Baldwin City woman
Douglas County prosecutors have dropped a blackmail charge filed last year against a 31-year-old Baldwin City woman.
Janice Boline was arrested on Sept. 26 and accused of blackmailing a convicted Lawrence sex offender. The man — who managed a local business — testified at a preliminary hearing in November but did not return to cooperate with prosecutors during trial preparation this month. In May, a subpoena mailed to the man by prosecutors was returned, marked "return to sender, attempted - no known, unable to forward," according to court records.
The case was dismissed Monday in Douglas County District Court.
More like this story
- Defense says hit-and-run case should be dismissed based on double jeopardy
- Date set for hearing on molestation charges
- Two Baker students charged with running marijuana-growing operation out of home
- Charge dropped for Baldwin City woman accused of hosting minors consuming alcohol
- Former Baldwin City woman sentenced for child exploitation