Blackmail charges dropped against Baldwin City woman
Douglas County prosecutors have dropped a blackmail charge filed last year against a 31-year-old Baldwin City woman.
Janice Boline was arrested on Sept. 26 and accused of blackmailing a convicted Lawrence sex offender. The man — who managed a local business — testified at a preliminary hearing in November but did not return to cooperate with prosecutors during trial preparation this month. In May, a subpoena mailed to the man by prosecutors was returned, marked "return to sender, attempted - no known, unable to forward," according to court records.
The case was dismissed Monday in Douglas County District Court.
More like this story
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Baldwin High School athletes spring success earns them LJW honors
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs
- Baldwin move to state semi-finals with 3-1 victory against Spring Hill