Ottawa police investigating woman’s death
The Ottawa Police Department is investigating the death of a 29-year-old woman after responding to a report of a dead body found in an apartment. Patrol officers responded to the call at 9:48 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of South Cedar Street.
After confirming the presence of the deceased woman, police secured the scene and an investigation was launched to determine the cause of death. Bud Ransom, the coroner, examined the body and the scene where the body was found. It was decided by Ransom and police to also contact Medical Examiner Erik Mitchell to assist with the investigation. Members of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office are assisting with the investigation as well.
The name of the deceased woman has not yet been released.
Any person with information regarding the death should contact Ottawa Police Department Detectives by phone at 785-242-2561, or they can remain anonymous by calling the Franklin County Crime stoppers hotline at 888-311-TIPS (8477).
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Baker biology professor's tree climbing summer reseach program funded for another 3 years
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place