California man charged with rape following Cricket Wireless concert
Bonner Springs police arrested and charged a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman during a concert at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater earlier this week.
Lt. Rick Schubert said police arrested an 18-year-old man from Chino Hills, Calif., Tuesday following the Van Warped Tour concert. An 18-year-old Kansas City, Mo., woman contacted police after the concert, saying a vendor traveling with the concert tour had assaulted her in one of the temporary buildings on the site.
The man was charged Thursday with aggravated criminal sodomy and rape. His bond was set at $50,000; he remains in the Wyandotte County jail. The Chieftain and affiliated newspapers owned by The World Co. generally do not name those accused of sexual assault unless they are convicted.
More like this story
- Baldwin Academy of Dance and Voice to have spring show
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan