Baldwin City girl dies in bath tub drowning
An 8-year-old rural Baldwin City girl died Thursday evening from an accidental drowning in a bathtub, according to a news release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Shortly before 10 p.m., emergency crews responded to a home at 285 E. 2300 Road, which is northeast of Baldwin City. Crews found Brittney Nichole Kennon unconscious in the bathroom. Attempts to revive her were unsuccessful, and she was pronounced dead when she arrived at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Kennon, who lived with her grandparents, had a history of health problems.
The death appears to be accidental, according to the release.
"Our prayers go out to her family and friends at this time of tragic loss," the release from the sheriff's department said.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Face to Face: Gwendolyn Conover