Baldwin City girl dies in bath tub drowning
An 8-year-old rural Baldwin City girl died Thursday evening from an accidental drowning in a bathtub, according to a news release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Shortly before 10 p.m., emergency crews responded to a home at 285 E. 2300 Road, which is northeast of Baldwin City. Crews found Brittney Nichole Kennon unconscious in the bathroom. Attempts to revive her were unsuccessful, and she was pronounced dead when she arrived at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Kennon, who lived with her grandparents, had a history of health problems.
The death appears to be accidental, according to the release.
"Our prayers go out to her family and friends at this time of tragic loss," the release from the sheriff's department said.
More like this story
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Kansas lawmakers to reopen debate over police body cameras
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts