Local woman killed in 1-35 wreck
An 89-year-old Baldwin City woman was killed in a two-vehicle car accident Friday on Interstate 35, near 119th Street in Olathe.
Elaine E. Smith was traveling south on Interstate 35 in a 2003 Chevy Impala when she struck a 2010 GMC Denali that was stopped in traffic, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Smith was transported to Olathe Medical Center with fatal injuries. She was not wearing a seat belt, according to the accident report.
The occupants of the Denali, a 36-year-old Olathe woman and two 6-year-old children, did not report life-threatening injuries at the scene. All three were wearing seat belts.
More like this story
- Spring Hill woman injured in accident north of Wellsville on U.S. Highway 56
- Two dead, three with serious injuries after accident on Kansas Highway 10 near Eudora
- 20-year-old woman injured in two-vehicle wreck on U.S. Highway 59
- Ottawa man injured in U.S. 59 wreck
- Baldwin man killed in U.S. 56 accident