Local woman killed in 1-35 wreck
An 89-year-old Baldwin City woman was killed in a two-vehicle car accident Friday on Interstate 35, near 119th Street in Olathe.
Elaine E. Smith was traveling south on Interstate 35 in a 2003 Chevy Impala when she struck a 2010 GMC Denali that was stopped in traffic, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Smith was transported to Olathe Medical Center with fatal injuries. She was not wearing a seat belt, according to the accident report.
The occupants of the Denali, a 36-year-old Olathe woman and two 6-year-old children, did not report life-threatening injuries at the scene. All three were wearing seat belts.
More like this story
- Demolition of Docking building not expected until 2016
- Truck crashes into dugout at Kansas baseball field
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Baldwin girls top Girard to move on at state tourney
- Baldwin to play Girard in first round of state tourney