Baldwin girls lose to Paola
Paola — The Paola Panthers handled the Baldwin girls for the second time this season on Friday with a 56-39 victory.
The Panthers were led by 6-4 sophomore Tiana Moala, who scored on numerous offensive rebounds on her way to a game-high 16 points.
The Bulldogs hit just 5 of 24 free throws in the game, missed multiple shots near the rim and had unforced turnovers that killed any comeback momentum.
"It was just too many things," coach Bob Martin said. "We just didn't play well. I guess we were due for one of those nights. We've played well for the most part since coming back in January."
"Give Paola credit. They played well."
The loss dropped Baldwin into a tie with Paola in the Frontier League with a 6-2 record.
Paola 56, Baldwin 39
Paola (11-4) 9 18 13 16 - 56
Baldwin (11-4) 6 13 7 13 - 39
Paola: Lyndsee Johnson 13, Remick Paulsen 5, Taylor Williams 7, Kaylee Farmer 6, Morgan Lauden 5, Carra Mader 2, Kelvey Slawson 3, Tiana Moala 26
Baldwin: Kelsey Dighans 2, Maddie Ogle 5, Kaitlin Jorgensen 3, Katie Jones 8, Katie Kehl 6, Hailey Cope 9
More like this story
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Letter to the editor: Community support make iCan Bike camps successful
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie
- Baldwin girls overwhelm Tonganoxie in season-opening basketball game
- Baldwin girls bull way into state title game with 67-42 win against Concordia