Winter storm warning in effect for Douglas County this weekend
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for eastern Kansas, forecasting a mix of sleet, freezing rain and snow from 6 a.m. Saturday through 6 a.m. Sunday.
The weather service predicts 4 to 7 inches of snow with about half an inch of sleet Saturday night with the possibility of ice accumulation on freeways. Winds will increase from the north at night with occasional gusts up to 20 mph.
The warning also cautions against any travel except in an emergency. The storm will create hazardous travel conditions.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Baldwin City graduate season starts Saturday with Baker School of Professional and Graduate Studies commencemnts
- Baldwin school district to consider budget Aug. 3