Fire destroys outbuilding at homestead west of Baldwin City
A fire destroyed an outbuilding and caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage this morning at a rural homestead west of Baldwin City.
Lt. Blake McCall of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said neighbors reported a fire at 11:30 a.m. at the home of Walt Babbit, at 1288 North 200 Road. The owner estimated the loss at about $10,000, mostly to tools stored in the building, he said.
There were no injuries and no one was home at the time of the fire, McCall said.
Units from the Palmyra and Wakarusa township fire departments and the Baldwin City Fire Department assisted the Willow Springs Township Fire Department with the fire, McCall said.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Baldwin girls breakthrough with sweep
- Baldwin City team wins Sunflower State Games wrestling team championship
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape