Forecast prompts cancellation of Baldwin Junior High tournament
Baldwin school district activities director Gary Stevanus announced Saturday the seventh- and eighth-grade girls basketball tournament has been cancelled because of expected inclement weather. No make up date was announced.
The Bulldog-Wildcat Classic scheduled for today will continue as scheduled with the expectation games will be completed before bad weather moves in, Stevanus said.
Baldwin High School girls are to play Louisburg for the classic's championship at 6 p.m. in the Baldwin Junior High School Gymnasium. The BHS boys, who are also playing Louisburg for the title, are scheduled to tip off a 7:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Baker students help, benefit from Wellness Festival
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds