Hope for the Holidays event set for Friday at Granada in Lawrence
A concert to benefit area families in need will be Friday night in Lawrence.
Hope for the Holidays will start with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Granada, 1020 Massachusetts St.
Red Line Chemistry, Nigel Dupree, Syn City Cowboys, Years Past and Burning Tide will be performing. Tickets are $15.
The event is part of 98.9 The Rock’s annual drive to help families in need. DJ Johnny Dare has started taking online donations. Donations also are accepted for raffles at the concert.
This is the 17th year for the drive, said promoter Dennis Mertz of Basehor. He said the goal is $10,000. Last year, the drive helped 22 families.
To purchase tickets, go to thegranada.com or contact Mertz at 913-449-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There also is a Hope for the Holidays Facebook page.
More like this story
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program