Douglas County burn ban lifted
The burn ban in place for unincorporated Douglas County since July 25 was lifted early Friday afternoon.
Douglas County Commission chairman Mike Gaughan signed off on removing the ban after County Administrator Craig Weinaug received support from township fire chiefs and the other two commissioners.
Weinaug said that, although the fire range index has been low recently, he urged county residents to be cautious and "use common sense" when burning materials, particularly if winds or temperatures increase or if drier conditions return.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Baldwin's Dorathy, Lawrence superintendent worry about more cuts as Legislature looks for way out of red ink
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues