Douglas County burn ban lifted
The burn ban in place for unincorporated Douglas County since July 25 was lifted early Friday afternoon.
Douglas County Commission chairman Mike Gaughan signed off on removing the ban after County Administrator Craig Weinaug received support from township fire chiefs and the other two commissioners.
Weinaug said that, although the fire range index has been low recently, he urged county residents to be cautious and "use common sense" when burning materials, particularly if winds or temperatures increase or if drier conditions return.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place