Man recieves life-threatening injuries after wrecking pickup truck near Baldwin City
A 23-year-old Lawrence man was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries after he crashed his vehicle into a ditch around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Steve Lewis said the man, Treyton Miller, was driving westbound on North 400 Road near Baldwin City when his 1999 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck left the road and hit a utility pole, a street sign and a culvert. The man then got back on the road and turned north onto North 1600 Road before again leaving the road and wrecking the vehicle in the ditch.
Lewis said alcohol is suspected to be a contributing factor in the accident. Overland Park Regional Medical Center was unable to give an update on Miller’s condition.
More like this story
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Musings from the Hill, March 5, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life