Baldwin Hill intersection to be open for weekend
The intersection of Douglas County Road 1055 and Route 12 at Baldwin City’s north city limits will be open late Friday afternoon until early Monday morning, said Douglas County Public Works director Keith Browning.
The intersection has been closed since work started on the third phase of the Sixth Street project last month and traffic from the north has been re-routed at the bottom of Baldwin Hill. The opening will coincide with the Maple Leaf Festival but Browning urges all traffic from Lawrence to use U.S. Highway 59 and 56. The new four-lane section of U.S. 59 opened Wednesday.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers