Baldwin volleyball team stays hot
The Baldwin High School volleyball team continued its recent trend of good play with two victories Thursday at a Bishop Ward triangular.
Coach Jill Brown said the Bulldogs downed Ward (25-14) and Tonganoxie (23-25, 27-25, 25-19). The team is now 20-15 on the year.
“We attacked the ball really well against Ward and had our highest hitting efficiency of the season,” Brown said. “As a team, we had 29 kills and 5 errors for a hitting efficiency of .470.”
The Tonganoxie match was third time the two team have faced off this year.
“The match against Tonganoxie was the rubber match between the two teams,” Brown said. “During the season we split with Tonganoxie so we knew this was going to be a tough match. I thought we started off a little slow in the first set and ended up losing it.The second set was pretty tight throughout the match, never more than a few points difference. I was really happy with the way we continued to play aggressively at the end of the set. Sometimes after you've lost the first set and you're tied 21-21 in the second, it's easy to get careful and play not to lose. But we stayed aggressive and continued attacking the ball.”
More like this story
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill