Baker moves up one spot in NAIA top 20
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After an impressive 42-13 Homecoming win over Avila last Saturday to improve to 5-2 overall and 4-2 in the Heart of America Athletic Conference, the Baker University football team moved up one spot to No. 18 in this week’s NAIA Coaches’ Top 25 Football poll.
Baker will have this and next week off and won’t compete again until Oct. 27 when they travel to Culver-Stockton for a 2 p.m. kickoff in Canton, Mo.
The Wildcats have been ranked in all six polls this season and held the No. 18 spot back in August in the Preseason poll.
Five HAAC teams now grace the Top 25 Poll including No. 3 Missouri Valley, No. 10 MidAmerica Nazarene, No. 12 Benedictine, No. 18 Baker and No. 21 Evangel. This is the first time all season a conference in the NAIA has had five teams in one Poll.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method