K.C. Piper will bring a 8-2 record into its 7 p.m. Saturday game against Baldwin at Liston Stadium
The Pirates lost its season-opener to Eudora, 25-7, and suffered week-six loss to 5A Mill Valley of Shawnee, 56-18. Both losses were on the road. The Pirates finished second to Mill Valley in the Kaw Valley League to Mill Valley.
Piper has scored an average of 33.2 points a game and given up 14.3 per game.
The Pirates rolled through its district with easy wins against Atchison, 38-6, Sumner Academy, 48-13, and Bishop Ward, 41-6. The Pirates advanced in the bi-district playoffs with a 34-21 victory Tuesday against Jefferson West.
Piper averages 224 yards rushing per game and 97 yards through the air. The Pirate’s leading rusher is senior Matt McDonald, who has 802 yards rushing on the season on 119 carries. His best game was Tuesday, when he carried the ball 18 times for 158 yards.
Junior quarterback Tanner Eikenbary has thrown for 953 yards and 12 touchdowns this season, completing 66 of 147 passes for a completion percentage of .449. He is not much of a running threat, having carried 44 times for 51 yards.
More like this story
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Baldwin City pool regulars to see changes this season
- Baldwin High School athletes spring success earns them LJW honors
- Baldwin City water rate study continues as Lawrence looks to hike rates