Baldwin City resident air lifted to KU Med Center after accident near Douglas County Lake
Douglas County Sheriff’s investigators believe 40-year-old Baldwin City man injured in a scooter accident had struck some potholes on a gravel road Thursday night.
Undersheriff Steve Hornberger said Darrin Pease was not wearing a helmet when the crash occurred about 7:40 p.m. an access road on the west side of the Douglas County State Fishing Lake just north of Baldwin City. Pease was flown by a LifeStar helicopter ambulance to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City, Kan.
Hornberger said a preliminary investigation indicates Pease was driving a 2005 Yamaha scooter on an access road adjacent to East 1814 Road when he struck the potholes and lost control of the scooter.
More like this story
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- High number of rabies cases reported in Kansas
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department urges residents to be aware of bats
- Baker biology professor's tree climbing summer reseach program funded for another 3 years