Douglas County Register of Deeds seeks re-election
Douglas County Register of Deeds Kay Pesnell has filed for re-election.
Pesnell, a Democrat, filed the paperwork Thursday to seek a third term in office.
Pesnell, who lives in rural Eudora, was first elected in 2004, but has served as the Register of Deeds since 2002, when she was appointed to fill the spot after longtime Register of Deeds Sue Neustifter retired. Pesnell has worked in the office, which files and maintains all deeds in the county, since 1990.
Candidates have until June 1 to file for the position. If needed, a primary election will be held Aug. 7. The general election will take place Nov. 6.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Couple put down barbecue roots in Baldwin City
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street