Eight Ottawa resident indicted in Oxycodone traffic case
A grand jury in Kansas City, Kan., has returned a superseding indictment against eight Ottawa residents accusing them of conspiring to distribute and possession with intent to distribute Oxycodone over more than two years beginning in January 2010.
According to U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom’s office, Ottawa residents Connie Edwards, 60; Brandi Bevins, 30; Shirley Price, 44; Angela Mitchell, 35; Tamara Ledom, 36; Brittany Edwards, 19; Dustin Price, 23; and Joel Keith Price, 54, are all charged in the indictment.
In addition, Edwards is charged with three counts of distribution of Oxycodone, conspiracy to commit money laundering and two counts of maintaining a residence to further drug trafficking in the 400 block of South Sycamore Street and 800 block of South Lincoln Street. Price is charged with eight counts of distribution and one count of maintaining a residence to further drug trafficking in the 1000 block of South Locust Street. Mitchell faces charges of maintaining a residence to further drug trafficking at all three residences and one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Downtown Baldwin City community party Saturday
- Lumberyard Arts Center grateful for help with Bluegrass and BBQ
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Friend wants Lumberyard show to reflect Baldwin City artist's complexity