Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging to have public hearing
Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging will have a public hearing at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 20, in Perry at the community center, 604 E. Front St.
The purpose of the hearing is to review the proposed services to be funded under the Older Americans Act for fiscal year 2013.
Services included are congregate and home-delivered meals, legal services, caregiver services, transportation and in-home services.
The public is invited to attend and provide comments.
The agency advocates on aging issues, builds community partnerships and implements programs within Shawnee, Douglas and Jefferson counties to help seniors live independently.
For more information, contact Marsha Ridinger, program manager, at 785-235-1367 or 800-798-1366.
More like this story
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Saturday's Maple Leaf City Triathlon most popular in event's 4-year history
- Council OKs mayor's appointments to Baldwin City boards
- Baldwin City team wins Sunflower State Games wrestling team championship
- Brown, Bauer, Simmons elected to Baldwin City Council; Christie re-elected to school board