Citywide cleanup Saturday
The Baldwin City citywide cleanup will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, June 9, at the city power plant, 1100 Orange St.
Residents will be able to bring for disposal tree limbs, yard waste, plastic items, batteries, appliances, glass and recyclable metals. Paint, motor oil, solvents, spray cans and other household hazardous waste will not be accepted. Construction materials also will be rejected.
Tires will not be accepted at the power plant, but the can be disposed of for a nominal fee from 8 a.m. to noon at 109 U.S. Highway 56.
For more information or to schedule a pickup for disabled or elderly residents, call Tamara at 785-594-6907.
More like this story
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible
- LJWorld.com GaDuGi Safe Center, Douglas County District Attorney's office to receive grant money