Citywide cleanup Saturday
The Baldwin City citywide cleanup will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, June 9, at the city power plant, 1100 Orange St.
Residents will be able to bring for disposal tree limbs, yard waste, plastic items, batteries, appliances, glass and recyclable metals. Paint, motor oil, solvents, spray cans and other household hazardous waste will not be accepted. Construction materials also will be rejected.
Tires will not be accepted at the power plant, but the can be disposed of for a nominal fee from 8 a.m. to noon at 109 U.S. Highway 56.
For more information or to schedule a pickup for disabled or elderly residents, call Tamara at 785-594-6907.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to seek KDHE loan for old-town water line upgrades
- Baldwin City water rate study continues as Lawrence looks to hike rates
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million