Primary voter registration deadline Tueday
Those planning on voting in the Aug. 7 primary who have yet to register had better hurry.
Tuesday is the last day to register to be eligible to vote in the Aug. 7 primary election. Those looking to register can either go online at https://www.kdor.org/voterregistration/ or do it in person at the Douglas County Courthouse, 1100 Mass.
Registration forms can also be mailed to the courthouse but may not make it in time for the primary election deadline.
Online registration requires that a person have a Kansas driver’s license or identification card.
All voters will need to present a photo ID when they go to the polls to vote.
It is also important to check your polling location because some locations and voting precincts have changed under the redistricting plan issued last month by a panel of federal judges.
Voters still can vote if they show up at the wrong place, but they will be given a provisional ballot.
Maps for Douglas County voting districts can be found at bit.ly/NvkQk5, through the county clerk’s website.
After the primary election, registration will reopen for the general election. The deadline to register for the Nov. 6 election is Oct. 16.
More like this story
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food