Douglas County Sheriff’s Office plan extra patrols this weekend
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is planning to conduct a saturation patrol on Saturday evening.
Extra sheriff’s deputies will be patrolling the streets late in the evening and into the early morning hours on Sunday.
They will target impaired driving, speeding and seat belt use in addition to monitoring compliance with other traffic laws.
The extra enforcement effort is possible because of a partnership with the Kansas Traffic Safety Resource Office, a division of the Kansas Department of Transportation.
More like this story
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday