Baldwin Bulldogs down Piper in dual
The Bulldogs won ten out of 14 weight classes in a dominating 52-24 dual win over the KC-Piper Pirates in the BHS gym today in a match held at 3:20 pm immediately after an all-school assembly for BHS students. Of Baldwin's ten wins: four were by fall, one by tech fall, and two by major decision.
On the JV side, Baldwin won 10 of 12 matches, all by fall to complete the sweep on the night.
Baldwin is now 6-1 in duals, with one dual remaining against Osawatomie, then six duals in the Frontier League dual tournament at Paola High School.
FINAL SCORE: Baldwin 52, KC-Piper 24
106: Jon Pratt (B) wbforfeit
113: Ethan Bach (P) def. Ben Huntington (B), WBF
120: Tucker Clark (B) def.Chad Irwin (P), WBF
126: Bryce Shoemaker (B) def.Corbin Anderson (P), WBF
132: Andrew Morgan (B) def. Jacon Morris (P), 10-0
138: Ryan Baynes (P) def. Grayson Langham (B), WBF
145: Bret Thorington (P) def. Dalton Mitchell (B), WBF
152: Colton Horne (B) def. Jeff Potts (P), 9-1
160: Jason Von Bargen (B) def. Lonnie Penney (P), 16-0
170: Mark Harman (B) def. Brandon Fahnestock (P), 11-6
182: Mario Garcia (B) def. Jacob Asherman (P), WBF
195: Tiler Garcia (B) wbforfeit
220: Colton Bonner (B) def. Dalton Murray (P), WBF
285: Jonathon Ortiz (P) wbforfeit
More like this story
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Lumberyard Arts Center theatre class to perform 'Wizard of Oz'
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Baldwin girls win soccer program's first-ever win against Piper