Baker University choir to begin spring practice
The Baker University Community Choir is preparing for another season, starting with practice at 6 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 26 at McKibbin Recital Hall on the Baldwin City campus. The choir will practice on Thursdays throughout the spring.
Baker students, Baldwin City members and area residents interested in singing are welcome to participate in the choir, directed by Matthew Potterton, assistant professor of music and director of choral activities at Baker.
The choir, founded in 2010, will perform a variety of music, including traditional classics, spirituals, multicultural folk music and American folk music.
The Community Choir's spring concert will be at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 8, at First United Methodist Church, 704 Eighth St. Admission is free.
For more information, contact Potterton at (785) 594-4504 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Lawrence-Douglas County health department to host measles vaccination clinics