10 jobs eliminated at Journal-World, weekly newspapers
Ten jobs in the news and advertising departments are being eliminated at the Lawrence Journal-World and its sister news operations, managers told employees Thursday.
Additionally, other positions recently vacated by resignations will not be filled, said Ralph Gage, director of special projects.
The contraction of the work force is a direct result of the economic conditions affecting the company, he said. He added that the company will continue to evaluate its needs and opportunities in the markets it serves.
In addition to the Journal-World, The World Company publishes weekly newspapers the Baldwin City Signal, Basehor Sentinel, Bonner Springs Chieftain, Tonganoxie Mirror and Shawnee Dispatch. It also publishes news websites in those cities, plus Lansing, Eudora and De Soto.
More like this story
- Baldwin move to state semi-finals with 3-1 victory against Spring Hill
- Baldwin girls catch fire at regional, earn berth at state softball tourney
- New Baldwin City Recreation Commission sports coordinator 'hits ground running'
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business