New Douglas County Democratic Party leaders chosen
The Douglas County Democratic Party has elected new leaders.
Marge Wakefield was elected chair; Dakota Loomis, vice chair; Abbie Hodgson, secretary; and Elizabeth Keever, treasurer.
Wakefield, a Lawrence, attorney said, "We will work together with Democrats, Independents and Republicans alike to preserve and advance those core values of equality, community and dignity for all."
Loomis is communications director for the Kansas Democratic Party; Hodgson is a doctoral student at Kansas University and owner of a political consulting firm; and Keever works for MD Langley & Associates.
The party said it also will prioritize support for policies and candidates dedicated to responsibly improving the state through the support of public education, fair taxation, job growth, social services and funding for the arts.
More like this story
- Baldwin City has sister city in South Africa
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Baker biology professor's tree climbing summer reseach program funded for another 3 years