Da Bash to usher in Baldwin High School football season
A Baldwin City tradition that started 13 years ago to raise money start the seventh-grade football program will continue Friday when Da Bash welcomes the start of the Baldwin High School football season.
Da Bash will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the corner of Second and Fremont streets near Liston Stadium.
Da Bash is a community tailgate party, pep rally and fundraiser. Purchase of a $20 ticket is not only good for a family’s entry to Da Bash with a meal of hotdogs, chips and cookies, but is gets all family members into the Baldwin Bulldog football against the Wellsville Eagles.
Providing entertainment at the event will be the Baldwin High School cheerleading squad and the Baldwin High School marching band. At 6 p.m., those gathering will greet the Bulldog football team as it makes its way to Liston Stadium.
BHS sports teams and organizations are selling tickets to raise money.
Da Bash T-shirts can be purchased for $10 at Santa Fe Market.
More like this story
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Abuse is main reason Kansas removes children from homes
- LJWorld.com GaDuGi Safe Center, Douglas County District Attorney's office to receive grant money