Baldwin boys sweep Wellsville
The Baldwin Bulldogs won their first game of the season Thursday in the first game of their double-header against Wellsville Eagles. Junior Tyler Cawley knocked in the game winning run.
In the nightcap, the Bulldogs came up with their last at bat trailing by a run in the bottom of the seventh. With the bases loaded, senior Alex Twombly found himself behind 2-0 in the count. He fouled off the next pitch, keeping his at-bat alive. The next pitch he hit back at the Wellsville pitcher. It bounced off the pitchers glove toward the second basemen for a fielder's choice, but scored sophomore Brandon Mock to tie the game.
The next batter, the Wellsville pitcher threw a ball in the dirt. It got by the catcher, and senior Hunter Burkhart made it home to give the Bulldogs the 5-4 victory.
More like this story
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Marijuana refugee returns to Baldwin City to advocate for limited use of drug
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Douglas County will create a public building commission