Douglas County Health Department offering day care orientation
Residents of Douglas County interested in learning more about operating a child care are encouraged to attend the April child care licensing orientation meeting at the Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department.
Orientation is a requirement before an application can be submitted.
The three-hour training will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, in the first floor meeting room at the Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department, 200 Maine
St. in Lawrence. Cost of the training is $20 and payment is required in advance.
The meeting will provide information regarding licensing of family day care homes. Kansas law 65-501 requires that homes be licensed or have a temporary permit when child care is provided away from the child’s own home for one or two children more than 20 hours a week (total time) or for three or more children.
Total time is determined by adding together the time each child is cared for weekly. Licensing is not required when a family member provides care for a relative.
To register for the orientation, call the Health Department at (785) 843-
More like this story
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team