BHS volleyball squad finishes fifth at BIT; loses at Paola on Tuesday
PAOLA — After finishing fifth place in the Baldwin Invitational Tournament on Saturday, the Baldwin High School volleyball team dropped a match to the Panthers here tonight.
The Bulldogs fell to Paola in three-straight games tonight. They lost 25-22, 27-25 an 25-17. The two Frontier League teams played at the BIT and Paola won 22-25, 25-19 and 25-17.
“It was a competitive night of ball for us,” coach Kelly Brown said. “We played Paola much better than we played them in our tournament on Saturday. We are asking the girls to play harder and not make mental errors. They did those things. We just now have to get more disciplined on defense.”
Paola's top outside hitter was missing from the match on Saturday. She returned to play Baldwin on Tuesday.
On Saturday, the Bulldogs finished their home tournament with a 4-2 record. They lost their opening two games of the tournament to Gardner-Edgerton and Paola, before finishing the day with four-consecutive victories.
Baldwin defeated Osawatomie and Wellsville in its pool play. Then BHS beat Oskaloosa (25-23, 25-21) in its bracket, before beating Bonner Springs (22-25, 26-24, 25-18) in the fifth-place game.
The Bulldogs will next play at Ottawa on Sept. 20.
There will be a full story on the BHS volleyball's week in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill