Bulldogs drop opener to Paola
Baldwin High School's offense couldn't find a rhythm as its defense struggled to stop Paola in its opening game of the season.
Paola opened up a four-touchdown lead before theBulldogs found the end zone. The Panthers (1-0) beat Baldwin (0-1) 27-6 Friday.
Both teams punted on their opening possessions, but Paola scored touchdowns on its next two, taking a 14-0 lead. The Panthers added a third touchdown with 0:17 remaining in the half.
After Paola's final touchdown, Baldwin answered with its own score. Chad Berg set it up with a 38-yard pass reception and 36-yard run. Jake Mindez finished it with two rushes, including the four-yard touchdown run.
Baldwin will travel to Spring Hill next week. The Broncos played De Soto on Friday and lost 33-0.
P —Tanner Staats 4 run (Luke Wilson kick good)
P — Tyler Henness 17 run (Wilson kick)
P — Staats 26 run (Wilson kick)
P — Seth Kern 12 run (Wilson kick wide left)
B — Jake Mindez 4 run (Austin Kraus kick blocked)
Score by quarters
P — 7 14 6 0 - 27
B — 0 0 0 6 - 6
More like this story
- Baldwin City Senior Mix plans Halloween party
- Ives Chapel UMC to have back-to-school clothing give-away next 2 Saturdays
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Kansas secretary of state clerk sues over termination